UTV & Allowable Vehicles
Vehicles Allowed With Permit
Under Ordinance No. 2589, the City of De Soto is now permitting golf carts, low-speed vehicles, work-site utility vehicles (side-by-sides), and micro utility trucks to be driven on any De Soto street with a speed limit of less than 45 miles.
No straddled vehicles like ATVs, four-wheelers, or micro bikes are allowed on City streets.
- All operators of golf carts, UTVs, and micro utility trucks are subject to applicable traffic laws.
- Vehicle owners must register their allowed vehicles with the city, provide a valid driver's license, photos of vehicle, proof of liability insurance, and pay the required fees.
- Permits for allowed vehicles may be revoked for violations, but owners have the right to appeal within five business days.
- Allowed vehicles must not carry more passengers than designated seats, and occupants must wear seat belts if provided.
- Vehicles must have headlights, brake lights, and taillights if operated between sunset and sunrise.
- Operators must possess a valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Operating an allowed vehicle in violation of the city's noise regulations is prohibited.
- All Allowable Vehicles must be registered and permitted through the City of De Soto
- Permits are valid for the calendar year
A violation of this ordinance shall be deemed a traffic infraction. Upon an entry or plea of guilty or no contest, or upon being found guilty of a violation hereof, the penalty imposed shall be in accordance with the penalty section of the Standard Traffic Ordinance then in effect for the city.
How To Apply
- For more information, download the Allowable Vehicle Explainer and the City ordinance.
- Please download a permit application and call City Hall at 913.586.5250 to schedule a time to drop off your application and have your vehicle inspected.
For questions, please email Brandon Mills, Assistant City Administrator/City Clerk at email@example.com.