Voting & Voter Registration
The Johnson County Election Office serves De Soto residents. It administers the election process throughout the county.
Registering to Vote
You can register to vote at De Soto City Hall (Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm) or the Johnson County Election Office.
Voter registration forms and advanced mail-ballots are available at De Soto City Hall (Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm) or online at the Johnson County Elections Office. Return your completed application to the City of De Soto (32905 W 84th St. De Soto, KS 66018) or the Johnson County Elections Office.
For additional information, contact the City Clerk's office 913-586-5250.
Voter Registration Requirements
Voter registration requirements issued by the Office of the Kansas Secretary of the State:
- Be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the State of Kansas.
- Provide a Kansas driver's license or last four of social security number.
- Have reached the age of 18 years before the next election
- Have received final discharge from imprisonment, parole, or conditional release if convicted of a felony.
- Have abandoned your former residence and/or name.
Updating a Previous Registration
To update a previous registration, contact the Johnson County Election Office (2101 E. Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS 66061) below or if you have a valid Kansas driver's license, you can register on-line.
You must re-register each time you change your name, address, or party affiliation for voting.
Where to Vote
Find your polling place for election day, request a mail-in ballot, or find in-person advance voting sites.
Voter Look-Up & Sample Ballot
Review your voter record and view your sample ballot. Sample ballots are posted 20 days prior to election day.