Can I get a Public Defender?

You have the right to be represented by an attorney in all cases in De Soto Municipal Court. If you are charged with an offense that could result in jail time and you cannot afford to hire an attorney, you can apply for the Public Defender.  You will need to complete a financial affidavit form for the Judge to review to determine if you qualify.  

Show All Answers

1. Can I just pay my ticket?
2. Do I have to pay court costs if I do not attend court?
3. Can I amend my speeding ticket?
4. Registration and insurance tickets
5. Can I get my court date continued?
6. Can I get a Public Defender?
7. Why did I get my ticket from a Johnson County Deputy?
8. What time is court?
9. What if I disagree with my citation?
10. Filing an Entry of Appearance
11. Can I pay my ticket online?
12. My license is suspended. How do I take care of it?
13. Where do I find my ticket number?