Can I amend my speeding ticket?

The Court Clerk is authorized to amend speeding tickets up to 19 mph over the posted speed limit for 2x the listed fine amount plus court costs.  Amendments for speeding tickets 20 mph and over are handled on a case by case basis and must be approved by the Prosecutor. 

An amendment will not be offered if the violation occurred in a school or construction zone, or was the result of an accident.  It will be at the Prosecutor's discretion to offer an amendment if you have had a ticket amended in the past 12 months. Please refer to your ticket for your court date and time if you would like to speak to the Prosecutor regarding an amendment.


Show All Answers

1. Can I just pay my ticket?
2. Do I have to pay court costs if I do not attend court?
3. Can I amend my speeding ticket?
4. Registration and insurance tickets
5. Can I get my court date continued?
6. Can I get a Public Defender?
7. Why did I get my ticket from a Johnson County Deputy?
8. What time is court?
9. What if I disagree with my citation?
10. Filing an Entry of Appearance
11. Can I pay my ticket online?
12. My license is suspended. How do I take care of it?
13. Where do I find my ticket number?